Monday, August 30, 2010

Happiness is...

This delightful mug is by Emma Bridgewater, a brilliant ceramics artist. Sadly, Sadly this mug is in the UK and I am here in West Texas. I can't justify shipping costing more than the purchase, but I wanted to share it anyway. If you feel so inclined...buy it here.

I have been away for quite a long time. I'd like to say I was somewhere exotic reading loads of wonderful novels on the beach. But I was not. Insert sad face. I was attending two brutal semesters of summer school. Blah. And with my two week break over, I am now starting my fall classes. Double Blah!

What I have read in my absence...
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Alexie Sherman
And a couple more of those Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Don't judge. My friend gave them to me and I just can't not read something once they give me the whole series. So I have completed the 9 books my friend Shawna gave me, but apparently there are more. I'm not fully invested, and they read rather quickly. I would not buy them myself, but since they were loaned to me, I have read every last one.

What I am reading now...
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
Charity Girl by Georgette Heyer
Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment